Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Skyrangers XI: Valkyrie WIP



"Birds inbound on your position!" With a rush of turbo jets and the "whoosh-KABOOM!" of rocket pods my Skyrangers finally get some air-support and (hopefully not required) med-evac.
The Valkyrie has long been a piece of hardware that I used to drool over on the Forge World website and the rumours of a plastic version seemed too good to be true. Needless to say when two arrived in the post (1 for me, 1 for my bro's Catachans) I was a happy bunny (with the love child of an Apache, Huey and Chimera!)
It's been a while since I've assembled a large vehicle and they are always more of a challenge than infantry sized models. I assembled the Valkyrie with the rocket pods as they are multiple use (unlike the standard-fit Missiles) and just plain cool-looking.
Since I wanted to paint the interior (ignoring it would be such a waste) I assembled the floor and walls first.
I drybrushed the interior with Codex Grey and then highlighted the panels and buttons with reds and blues and greens.
The screens were painted with Scorpion Green to give them a greenish glow.
Again I couldn't ignore the door gunners!
They were painted in the same way I painted my infantry: Chaos Black carapace and Shadow Grey fatigues, with striped black and white camoflague. The hevay bolter was painted Chaos Black and highlighted with Boltgun Metal.
Next up the exterior!
C&C welcome as always.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good, im about to start painting my valkyrie but im terrified of screwing it up.

    ReplyDelete