Thursday, April 2, 2009

Isengard Unleashed Pt.5


So that's my Isengard army finished for the moment. The army comes in at 800pts which is a fine size for an evening's game. I will no doubt take a gander at War of the Ring when it comes out but I can't see myself shelling out too much on a ridiculously big army that I'd only be able to game with once in a blue moon.


That's not to say it will be a static army. If there's one thing I've learned in my years wargaming is that you are never finish your army. ;)


Here's the list as it stands...

Legion of the White Hand

Saruman 170pts


Lurtz 60pts


Uruk-hai Captain (shield+heavy armour) 60pts


Uruk-hai Captain (shield+heavy armour) 60pts


Uruk-hai Captain (shield+heavy armour) 60pts


10 Uruk-hai warriors with shields 100pts


9 Uruk-hai warriors with pikes 90pts


1 Uruk-hai with banner 39pts


3 Uruk-hai Bezerkers 45pts


Isengard Troll 110 pts


Total: 794pts


Room for improvement: As one can see, it's quite a small army. This is to be expected in a predominantly Uruk-hai army. Yet numbers do count so my next purchase will probably be a box of (plastic-huzzah!) 24 Uruk-hai scouts. They are somewhat cheaper points-wise than their warrior counterparts and also 8 of them are armed with bows, giving me at least some ranged firepower (apart from Saruman's highly entertaining 'Sorcerous Blast' and the Troll's 'Throw stone'). More bezerkers would be useful and fun to paint too.


And as I've said before, Grima Wormtongue would make a very characterful addition.Maybe some Warg Riders as cavalry support...


Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment